The Satmagan was designed especially to measure magnetite in iron ore concentrations. It can be used in various applications:
- Analysis of magnetite in iron ores, concentrates and tailings.
- Control of copper and nickel smelting by analyzing magnetite and other ferromagnetic oxides in slag.
- Determination of martensite or ferrite in austenitic steels.
- Determination retained austenite in steels.
- Control of magnetizing roasting.
- Control of oxidizing roasting of carbonate ores.
- Controlling the heat hardening of pellets.
- Control of iron ore sintering.
Materials for Analyses
Magnetite and magnetic iron can be analyzed. The sample can contain only one magnetic component, or have one component with a dominant concentration and/or specific magnetic moment.
Type of Sample
Powder, granular or solid samples maximum volume of sample 1.2 cu cm (0.073 cu inch) recommended sample size: sample container filled up grain size: An average grain size greater than 150um (100 mesh) does not disturb the measurements. For finer materials, the Satmagan gives slightly lower readings, so a different calibration curve is required.
The Range of Measurement
Fine Range: 0 to 100 % by magnetite weight .
Course Range: 0 to 200 % by magnetite weight for stronger magnetic materials.