Real Time Tomography
Rapiscan Real Time Tomography
A Breakthrough Technical Innovation in Aviation Baggage Screening
Current aviation baggage screening systems are either fast but do not generate detailed images of the object being scanned (high speed X-ray) or they generate more detailed images but are relatively slow (Computed Tomography based systems).
The Rapiscan RTT is a ground-breaking aviation security technology that is designed to accurately detect an increased range of explosive threats and prohibited items, including liquid explosives when compared to the currently deployed CT systems. It features an innovative stationary gantry design that allows it to provide detailed 3-D images of the item being scanned at speeds of between 1500 to 1800 bags per hour. The Rapiscan RTT is designed to provide the best possible security at a lower overall cost of ownership to meet the specific operational demands of a modern airport environment.
Rapiscan RTT, designed to improve passenger safety while expediting and improving the baggage handling system.
- Designed to meet EU, TSA and other regulatory standards for automated explosive detection
- Superior, 3-D imaging of scanned items
- Throughput of 1500 to 1800 bags per hour
- Variable belt speed up to 0.5 meter per second for ease of integration with high speed inline baggage handling systems
- Fewer moving parts than traditional CT systems, thereby lowering operational and service costs
- Advanced networking capabilities for matrixed deployment